The accounting software QuickBooks is in high demand by both small and mid-sized businesses. The software comes with numerous functionalities that prove to be quite a time and money-efficient for business owners. However, users also often face certain issues while working with it. Among them, QuickBooks error 6147 is a prevalent company file error that users face when they try opening a backup file, a corrupt file, or a missing file. The error comes under the category of QuickBooks error -6000 series. This article will tell you all the different ways you can resolve it.
QuickBooks Error 6147
The reason behind the occurring of QuickBooks Error 6147?
- The factors that lead to the occurrence of QuickBooks error code 6147, are listed below.
- Presence of a file that is corrupted or damaged.
- A QBW.file that is ruined.
- Occurrence of an error during the restoring of QuickBooks backup file from an external drive.
- When the drive was deleted by accident or by a third party software and the file is opened from it.
The symptoms of the occurrence of QuickBooks Error 6147
- The signs that indicate the QuickBooks error 6147 are as follows:
- You face an error on opening the company file.
- You cannot restore your backup file.
- Your computer is shut down automatically when an issue shows up
- The active program window is crashed.
8 different solving methods for fixing the QuickBooks Error 6147?
1- Your QuickBooks File Doctor Tool Needs to be Run
QuickBooks File Doctor tool, also known as QBFD is an effective tool that helps in fixing a lot of QB related errors. It is recommended for every QB user to install it in their software. This can be installed from the official intuit website. After completing the installation process, let the tool run to start with its functioning. Now reopen the company file after the process is completed. Follow the below steps:
- Visit the official Intuit website and from there, download and install QBFD.
- On your server computer, run the tool.
- Go to the tab of ‘Company file issues.’
- From here, choose the ‘Run QuickBooks File Doctor‘ option.
- The File Doctor opens automatically.
- Now go through the instructions on the screen and follow them for fixing your company file problems.
2- You need to find a different path for moving your move QB file
Follow this step if the previous one does not solve QuickBooks error 6147. Go through the points given below.
- You first need to check if the hosting of the system is turned on or not.
- Navigate to the QuickBooks software. Them go to the ‘File’ menu and then choose the ‘Utilities.’
- When you see the ‘Stop hosting multiple-user’ option, stick to these steps given below:
- The access to hosting multiple-user should be halted.
- Press ‘Yes’ and move to the next window.
- Select ‘Yes’ and your company file is closed.
- Restore the backup file on your machine.
3- The Trend Micro Active Scan Should be Used
This method is a very effective one for fixing the QuickBooks error. Stick to the instructions provided below t:.
- Write down the location of your company file.
- Hit the CTRL key. Double-click on the QuickBook icon.
- The company file is shown on the top.
- Now select the ‘Company File’ from the list
- The list of company file that you open will also show the file’s location.
- Go to the ‘Scan’ settings and find the ‘Trend Micro active scan.’
- Search for the ‘File’ folder and permit it.
4- Rename All Your QuickBooks files
The.TLG and.ND files are to be renamed. In order to do so, follow the steps below:
- Go to the folder in which the company file is stored
- Find the .TLG and .ND file.
- Now, select the ‘File’ and right-click on it. Tap ‘Rename’ and input OLD at its end.
- Launch QuickBooks and sign in to the company file.
- Change the .ADR file name
If the name modification does not solve the QuickBooks error code 6147, then change the QuickBooks ADR or the auto data recovery file name:
- Go to the folder where your company files are stored.
- Find the .ADR file and open the .ADR folder. Search for the recent file.
- Select the ‘Rename’ option
- Change it to .qbw.
5- Put an End to All the QuickBooks Processes
- Login in on your browser device as the administrator.
- Simultaneously press the ’ Ctrl + Shift + Esc’ keys.
- Choose the tab of ‘Users.’
- Now, choose ‘Show the processes.’
- The QuickBooks processes of QBW32.EXE, qbupdate.exe, QBDBMgr.exe should be highlighted.
- Now select ‘End Task.’
- Now open the company file in multi user mode for ending the process.
6- Use the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool.
The QuickBooks install diagnostic tool is a popularly known and a very useful tool that you can be used for fixing the corrupted company files. It can be directly downloaded from the QB Tool Hub.
7- Move your backup files to a different location.
Follow the steps given below to move your backup files to another location for resolving the QuickBooks error -6147.
- Please see that there is no system hosting.
- Click on the ‘File’ option and choose ‘Utilities.’
- For the ‘Stop hosting multi-user’ option, follow the steps provided below.
- Stop the multi-user hosting.
- Click on ‘Yes’ on the windows.
- Click on the ‘Yes’ tab to see if the company file is closed.
- Select ‘Restore the backup file’ to finish the process.
8- Choose the option of rebuilding utility
This is the last method that you can follow if you are not able to solve QuickBooks error 6147 by following the previous steps. The following steps are as follows:
- Navigate to the ‘File’ menu.
- From here, select the tab of ‘Utilities.’
- Then, you need to select ‘Rebuild data.’
- Now, hit the ‘OK’ button on seeing a backup file prompt.
- Click on ‘OK’ if you see the ‘QuickBooks is not responding,’ message.